Skip to main content

Workshop


Picture a scene of workshop lab , final examination of 2nd semester electronics students. Approximately 15 boys and girls are in the lab in a tensed atmosphere. you have a internal and external faculty monitoring the exam. Internal faculty seems to be missing just after 15 minutes of start of the exam. A simple diagram of male and female piece of metal is written where the students need to cut the iron metal exactly as written on the board. Plus there will be soldering exam in another workshop facility.

Metal pieces are given to the students and every body take their places and start cutting the hard metal with their Axel blades. while i am busy cutting the metal i get distracted by a girl who is exactly opposite to me , she seems to be doing something different. when i look closely she is indeed trying to gain attention of the external faculty by putting hair from right to left and left to right and smiling towards external faculty. I did not dare to see the faculty who was right behind me. I just focused on the the lab exam and continued to cut the metal.
The same was noticed by many people at the lab. I felt disgusted towards her and thought for a second, to what extent people go to gain advantage?.

In between while cutting the metal we were called in batches to do
soldering, when i wore the glasses to solder, i could not see anything but with all the guess work i just managed to solder the metal pieces and returned to my desk to continue cutting the metal. I do not why i took more time to cut the first metal. I had already taken 3/4th of the time to cut the first metal piece and same was the condition of many other students. i managed to cut the 2nd metal piece in a hurry and got hold of the only hammer which was available in the lab and i managed to cut the metal with 50% accuracy and i had to file a lot to make it perfect.

My other close friend and topper of first semester was literally lagging behind and he managed to get the hammer from me towards the end and he hit the metal piece with all the force he had and broke it into 2 pieces. I did not witness that. but learnt after the examination. The problem of having very limited resource in the lab made my friend take drastic step of breaking the whole metal piece.I was lucky not to break it but mine was also not that great finished product.

Finally in the via-voice exam, i managed to answer few question. As we all know faculties ask most difficult question during this via-voice questioning. Very few students manage to impress the faculty by answering all the questions.

Once the exam was over we all returned with disappointment and fear. when the results were declared in the 3rd semester. it was a huge disappointment.
Guess what the girl who was smiling all the way to the external faculty had topped the lab exam. My friend who had scored 90% in all the subjects had failed the exam. I just managed to scrap through with passing marks.
From then on things changed in all our lives and had a significant impact on ones thinking. 
That girl realized that she had a sexual advantage over others and she utilized to maximum and went on to score more and more marks in every lab exam.
My friend who was very aggressive in studies and also the topper of earlier semester had become more defensive. I could see, more cautious approach and contentment in him than having a aggressive approach. Due to this he did not become topper again.
And i promised myself not to get distracted with these kind of cheap people's tricks and focused on individual lab work and it did really helped me in all my future lab exams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love with Football

My Love with Football June 2010, FIFA world cup has started and I am really excited to watch the matches. And I can't wait to see my favourite team win the world cup. I don't know why I love this sport more than any other, though cricket is very popular sport in India. I happened to love this sport more. It all began in 90, I had learnt Maradona and Pele were the legends of football and I had watched them play in pervious world cup highlights which was telecasted in our only TV Channel of India the Doordarshan on Sundays. 1990 was the year, where the FIFA world cup was held in Italy and my hero Maradona was playing in it. I was glued to the TV all night watching great matches. Due to time difference and one channel could not telecast multiple matched at same time. I had missed some matches in 90, but i had seen most of them live. Argentina was brilliant in this world cup. Maradona was great. He helped Argentina win matches against Brazil, Yugoslavia and Italy. These were th

Why our major metro cities in India lacking in infrastructure.

Why our major metro cities in India lacking in infrastructure.You take cities like Delhi , Bombay , Chennai, Kolkatta, Bangalore , Pune or any other city of India Why it is struggling to cope up with growing population.Where are we going wrong? What is the problem? I was thinking on this and I feel the problem lies with all. First we can put all the blame on politicians. But still can we put all the blame on just politicians. What responsibilities does our Bureaucracy have? , what is our judicial system doing? Why the private player does not take part in town planning? And finally why our common man does not stand out and demand for the needs. Actually the problem lies with every individual. The attitude is "why should I need to fight for others?" and feeling is “what ever I do it is not going to change.” Most of our so called Corporate People (Multinational Companies) are just bothered about themselves. A Company in electronic city just want the Hosur

Automation

Human brain is created in such as way that it tries to innovate and keeps building on the existing innovation. Therefore this raises the bar on each individual achievement. On other day, I was just thinking about social networking, Facebook, MySpace , Orkut etc. which lead me to think all about computer and internet. If you look at computer and internet from a distance, it is indeed remarkable achievement of mankind. Initially there was no computer everything was done manually, next computers were invented to make things work automatically. Once the computer were built, these computer were inter connected through a network and eventually globally which is called Internet . Internet has made the computer very powerful. The connected computer is more powerful and lethal when compared to the standalone system. Once we had established the network, lots of interactive system were built such as email system, centralized application client-server technology and Web technology. Initially