Skip to main content

School days – Golden Era


Today I am getting nostalgic about my school days, when ever you think of school; you would always end up thinking of teachers & friends.
If I go back in time I remember Sukumbha teacher who taught me in UKG. And I remember having only one friend those days and I was not a very studious student in class those days.
Some how, I got pushed to 1st std. I don’t remember the teacher’s name but she was very strict I was really scared about her; I think this could be one of the reasons that I do not remember her. Again I was very week in studies hardly got any marks in tests and exams. I don’t know how I moved to 2nd.

Moved to 2nd, I remember me crying on first day to entire into the school. Indrani was our class teacher I was in B section. Indrani was very strict and my memory is still fresh with her beating on my hands. I am grateful to her, she changed me totally. I suddenly started studying. I used to complete my home work on time. I started improving my rank. I moved to 3rd.
I was in 3rd, poornima teacher handled our class, she was cool as cucumber, never punished any body.
In 4th, Indira priyadarshini handled our class. Even she was very good. Many kids loved her including me. She was very good.

I was really happy to move from primary to middle schooling just because I could start using Pen.
(We were allowed to use only pencil in 4th and below, now a days nursery kids use pen from day one.)
In 5th, there was reshuffle among all the sections, I was in B section. After reshuffle, I remained in B, but there was many people from A, C & D section. Again I knew only couple of people in my class. Shilaja Raghavan Teacher handled our class and she was not strict. By this time my rank in class has come down because there was no strict teacher to mend me after 2nd std.

In 5th I had very good friend Pramod (we are still friends and we met every weekend), we studied together from 2nd. But we got closer in 3rd and again regrouped in 5th.

In 6th, Gayathri Jayaram handled our class; she was very strict and valued only intelligent students. Pramod being the topper and I always with him got some recognition sometimes.
Till 5th, I was most decent guy and I loved to play and be with friends. In 6th due to some bad company I started to know things which I am not supposed to know.
But I studied well in 6th and passed with good percentage. I remember moving to new building of our school campus in 6th. In 6th I was good at extra circular activities; I was bold enough to sing songs to entire class (off course I was not rhythmic those days, which I realized after long time)

In 7th, Gayathri A.N. handled our class; she was awesome to look at, highly religious. She used to make us recite Bhagvath Geeta for 30 minutes every day. For some reason she was not married.
She used to visit Ramakrishna ashram regularly. Again in 7th there was minor reshuffle, our class strength had increased because some students joined our class for language change.

I moved to 8th, I was very eager to move to high school because we were allowed to where pants
In 8th again there was major reshuffle; most of my friends were in my class I got to meet some more good friends. Our class was over crowed just because most of the student wanted Sanskrit as there first language, off course including me.
In 8th we had one teacher who handled just for 6 months then we did not have class teacher at all. Sorry I don’t remember her.
In 9th, we had very soft math teacher, Shakuntala goipnath. She did not dare to scold anybody. She did not teach us math that well also. Still with my own interest i studied maths and got good marks. Most of my class mates got pass class in maths.
In 10th, Anuradha Ramesh, handled our class, she was good but taught us outside syllabus which did not help many students in public exam. In 10th I put all my efforts and passed the public exam with got percentage and got into college to end my schooling days.

Apart from my class teachers there were other subject teachers who I must remember like, Parvathi AN(English), Bhatt Sir (Math & Science), Noor Salma(Science), Nalini(Social Studies), Gangabalachandra(Biology), Hema Nayaran(Our Principal, taught English), Vishnu Bhatt Sir(Sanskrit),GK Kamath(Sanskrit), Physical Traning Sir(Nick named Blunder Bore), and others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why our major metro cities in India lacking in infrastructure.

Why our major metro cities in India lacking in infrastructure.You take cities like Delhi , Bombay , Chennai, Kolkatta, Bangalore , Pune or any other city of India Why it is struggling to cope up with growing population.Where are we going wrong? What is the problem? I was thinking on this and I feel the problem lies with all. First we can put all the blame on politicians. But still can we put all the blame on just politicians. What responsibilities does our Bureaucracy have? , what is our judicial system doing? Why the private player does not take part in town planning? And finally why our common man does not stand out and demand for the needs. Actually the problem lies with every individual. The attitude is "why should I need to fight for others?" and feeling is “what ever I do it is not going to change.” Most of our so called Corporate People (Multinational Companies) are just bothered about themselves. A Company in electronic city just want the Hosur

My Love with Football

My Love with Football June 2010, FIFA world cup has started and I am really excited to watch the matches. And I can't wait to see my favourite team win the world cup. I don't know why I love this sport more than any other, though cricket is very popular sport in India. I happened to love this sport more. It all began in 90, I had learnt Maradona and Pele were the legends of football and I had watched them play in pervious world cup highlights which was telecasted in our only TV Channel of India the Doordarshan on Sundays. 1990 was the year, where the FIFA world cup was held in Italy and my hero Maradona was playing in it. I was glued to the TV all night watching great matches. Due to time difference and one channel could not telecast multiple matched at same time. I had missed some matches in 90, but i had seen most of them live. Argentina was brilliant in this world cup. Maradona was great. He helped Argentina win matches against Brazil, Yugoslavia and Italy. These were th

Automation

Human brain is created in such as way that it tries to innovate and keeps building on the existing innovation. Therefore this raises the bar on each individual achievement. On other day, I was just thinking about social networking, Facebook, MySpace , Orkut etc. which lead me to think all about computer and internet. If you look at computer and internet from a distance, it is indeed remarkable achievement of mankind. Initially there was no computer everything was done manually, next computers were invented to make things work automatically. Once the computer were built, these computer were inter connected through a network and eventually globally which is called Internet . Internet has made the computer very powerful. The connected computer is more powerful and lethal when compared to the standalone system. Once we had established the network, lots of interactive system were built such as email system, centralized application client-server technology and Web technology. Initially